Monday, August 15, 2011

Essay #2

     Muhammed Drammeh                                                                 August 15, 2011
    
     Drug Addiction is everywhere from celebrities, athletics, artist, or even the quietest kid in you math class.  Drug addiction is a state of periodic or chronic intoxication detrimental to the individual and society produced by the repeated intake of habit-forming drugs.  Whether it is Weed, Crack, Cocaine, or Needles drugs are drugs and once you are hooked on it, it is hard to quit. They say using drugs is a slow and painless way to kill you. If that is the case most of the people in Castle Hill, my neighborhood are wasting over a hundred dollars a week just to die.
     Drug addiction has influenced my life in a huge way because the addicts, crack babies, pot head well most of them are my friends and family. There are people in my life I knew since we were babies that have got in to involve with drug. Most of them are either doing time in jail or going through family problems because they cannot get their hands away from drugs. Despite the fact that I have known them all my life it seems like they are completely new people because the drugs are changing their attitude and personality. Sometimes I cannot blame my friends and family because on ever corner of ever block on castle hill is a different drug dealer just waiting from his next customer.
     I, on the other hand, I though smoking weed would be the last thing I would do until I started getting high to balance out the lows. I was so close to being like the rest of the addicts on castle hill, my grade where dropping rapidly, I was getting more and more lazy, and my basketball dreams where being affect extremely. Luckily, I had good friend I knew that were not on drugs help and guide me on the path to success. They thought me that education is the key to success, made me focus one school, and got me of the streets. Now my grades have improved beyond my own expectations, and I am working hard to achieve my goals to become a software developer if not being a professional basketball player.
     I try and do the same for my addict friend that people did for me because everyone deserve a change to do something with their life so I help them with homework sometimes or lecture them on the importance of school. Because of my help, most of them are not conceited addicts anymore and are heading down the right path.
     The issue of drug addiction is going to affect my future because I know that some of my friend and family are never going to stay away from drugs but at the same time, they are others who are going to change their life around and become success,   

No comments:

Post a Comment